Monday, October 18, 2010

Salt 'n Sand

Salt 'n Sand is a 2001 Sea Ray 540 Cockpit Motor Yacht, I was built at Sykes Creek, FL.  My hull number is 8 of approximately 30 that were built in 2001 and 2002.  I am powered by two Caterpillar C-12 diesel engines that produce 700 horsepower each to move my 60,000 pounds and 55 feet through the water at a cruising speed of 22 miles per hour.  There are two helm stations from where Rich can drive me from, either the fly bridge or from the pilot house, away from the elements.  There is a 20kw generator that powers all of my electrical needs.  The hydraulic swim platform makes it easy for Rich to launch and retrieve the dinghy.

1 comment:

  1. National Diesel Engine specializes in the remanufacturing of heavy duty diesel

    engines including Caterpillar Diesel Engines, with the highest level of skill,

    professionalism and efficiency. URL:http://caterpillardieselengines.org ,

    keyword: caterpillar diesel engines
    title:Rebuilt Diesel Engines, discription:" content="Diesel Engine Reman"/>
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete