Monday, March 12, 2012

I AM AT ATLANTIS, PARADISE ISLAND

March 11, 2012  Dateline: Atlantis, Paradise Island Bahamas
Yesterday I received a call about noontime that Atlantis had dock space for me.  In 30 minutes Rich and Carol had me packed up and on my way.  The trip was not very long, it fact it was only a mile long.  My slip is located on the channel into the inner harbor.  The inner harbor is where the big boats go to see and be seen, they all back into their slip so that those walking around the marina can see the owners sitting on the cockpit enjoying their yachts.  On their way into the inner harbor all mega yachts pass in front of me –almost all are very large.  Rich told me that watching them turn around in the inner harbor is a real treat.  Yachts can turn in their own length, you can see a 165 foot yacht turn in 165 feet of space, it's so amazing to watch.
Here is my “room key” for Atlantis; it has my name on it, well almost.  The error is a common one, so I took it in stride.








Rich has been walking around with tee shirts that have my name on them.  Suddenly he and Carol realized that the people who wear these kinds of shirts here in Atlantis are mega yacht crew members.  Oh well, I guess he will have to find other shirts to wear.
Zebra Shark
Atlantis has a huge aquarium Carol and Rich went through it and here are some of the pictures that they took.
Nassau Grouper

Conch Foot

Manta Ray


I will be here until March 16th unless the weather is bad and then I will stay put. Associated with the marina is an area called Marina Village.  The Village consists of high end shops, restaurants, jewelry stores, snack food places as well as a promenade where you can walk behind the mega yachts and see the owners and/or their guests having dinner and generally enjoying themselves.


No comments:

Post a Comment