Tuesday, June 12, 2012

FRIENDS

June 12, 2012  Dateline: Cape May, NJ USA
Forget the dateline stuff, I am still in Georgetown, SC tied at the dock waiting for Rich and Carol to come back and get me.  I am beginning to know what a puppy feels like when it left alone all day.  At least at Canyon Club when I am left alone my friends are there with me, here I don’t know anyone.  Oh well enough of my problems.  Rich asked if he could do a posting and so I agreed.
Rich here, thanks Salt ‘n Sand.  Carol and I have been asked; what is the best part of the Loop?  The answer is the people you met along the way, without a doubt.  We all have different boats, travel at different speeds and take different routes.  Sometimes routes cross each other again after many months.  Earlier this week there were 5 Looper boats in Canyon Club Marina. They arrived on different days at different times. Carol and I were there too but without our Salt ‘n Sand.  We organized a gathering around the marina pool and I thought I would comment on who attended, as well as where and when we met them.
From left to right:
·         Sid & Evelyn from SOMETHING SPECIAL: they live in Canada and we met them on the Mississippi River at Beardstown, IL in September 2011.
·         Fred & Julaine from BOREAS: they live in Michigan and we met them at Joe Wheeler State Park in Alabama, in October 2011.
·         John & Mary from MARY FRANCES IV:  they live in Michigan and we met them at Joe Wheeler State Park in Alabama, in October 2011.
·         John & Mary from PASSPORT:  they live in Illinois and we met them at Frankfort, MI on their first day on the Loop, in August 2011. 
·         Rich & Carol from SALT ‘n SAND: that’s us!!!
·         Joe & Pat from GLORY DAYS: they live in Massachusetts and we met them in August 2011 in Killbear, Ontario Canada.
It sure was nice to see them all. When they leave here, once again they will all be going in the same direction but to different destinations.

No comments:

Post a Comment