Monday, June 13, 2011

I LOVE IT


I left Half Moon Bay Marina this morning heading "up the river" for Kingston.  The Hudson River is a beautiful place.  It is surrounded by green mountains on each side , but the day was hazy so the pictures that Carol took didn't turn out so well, so you will have to believe me on the river's beauty.  We first went under the Bear Mountain Bridge.  The water on the river so so smooth, I am not use to that.  Rich usually takes me into the ocean or a tidal bay, WOW this is fun



We saw a neat waterfall just south of West Point, you can only see it from the river

Next we came to  Esopus Lighthouse.  It sits out in the middle of the river and appears to be only accessible by boat.  Carol thought that the house would be a nice place to live.  It is small and certainly the neighbors will not come to borrow a cup of sugar.  Esopus derives it's name from the local Native American words for "land of the flowing water and high banks"
While pulling into Rondout Creek in Kingston.  Rich notices a World War II PT boat parked on the dock wall.  Carol and Rich's son-in-law really likes PT boats. So Matt, here's a picture for you
 It took Rich 1 1/2 to put 565 gallons of fuel into my tanks.  The marina they stopped at had two fuel hoses.  A high speed hose and a "sailboat" hose.  The high speed hose would not reach me so I got the sailboat hose and I sure was thirsty.  They left me behind as usual and they went into Kingston.  Rich told me they went to the Maritime Museum and saw some really interesting things.  They saw a 45 foot ice boat and were told that it could go up to 170 kilometers an hour with only a thirty kilometer per hour wind.  I don't think I would like to go that fast, some of those ice boats weighted a full ton,  I am a little fatter and weight a little bit more.  A lady never tells her weight.

In Kingston Rich and Carol saw a pay phone.  These things are very rare here now since cell phones came into being.  I wonder who goes around and collects the money.

They also got to see Larry and Christine on Blue Skies.  Rich and Carol met them in Norfolk a month ago.
Its now time to call it a night I am sure Rich will make me work again tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment