Monday, September 5, 2011

CHICAGO

September 3, 2011  Dateline: Chicago, IL USA
Today was a long. I worked hard and traveled 61 miles from Racine, WI to Chicago. IL. Chicago is a big city with big marinas.  The one I am staying at has 1,200 slips and it is full.  What’s amazing is that there are several more like it along the Lake front and they are full too. It was almost impossible to find a place to rest my weary engines.
 I traveled from Racine with my friend MY WAY. I think that Skipper was helping to drive.  The Chicago skyline was very interesting, I had not seen a big city skyline in some sometime, I guess since I passed by New York, so it was quite refreshing to me. Carol took these pictures of MY WAY and the skyline.

When I was getting some diesel Carol counted the number of people on the boat fueling in front of me.  The boat was about 30 feet long and there were at least 16 people on it.  The a 50 foot express cruiser came past and it had 40 people on it all I could say is “party time”.  I wonder of those boat owners had enough life vests on board for each person.  The Coast Guard could have had a field day with each of those boats.
I arrived late in the day at Chicago so all Rich & Carol did was clean me up and get ready to go to a party.  Rich told me that the Chicago Harbor Hosts gave a party for those Loopers who were in Chicago for the weekend. They held it in the pent house social room of their condo complex.  The room overlooked Lake Michigan and the marina that I am staying in.  There were about 40 people in attendance. They had sandwiches and salad as well as Chicago Style Pizza. This accompanied by many different wines and delicious cheese cake.  Of course, I did not have any but Carol told me that it was really good.  I heard that Rich and Carol connected with some old friends that they have met on this trip and others they met at the semiannual Rendezvous.   
Back a few days ago this boat was parked in front of me in the marina and Carol took its picture. She is not as pretty as me but Carol liked the name.  Carol kept pushing me to put the picture in a posting, so here it is.  At least this will keep her happy, I hope.


I overheard Rich say that I would be staying here for the next four days.

No comments:

Post a Comment