Thursday, October 13, 2011

DEAD END RAILROAD BRIDGE

October 13, 2011  Dateline: New Johnsonville, TN USA
I got up early this morning and was on my way by 8:15.  Rain had been predicted for today, so I figured that the sooner I got going the better the chance I had to “beat” the rain.  I had to travel 54 miles to the Pebble Isle Marina in New Johnsonville, TN.  While I was going south, I was traveling up stream.   Carol has a difficult time with the concept that going south can be actually going up stream.
Traveling down or up, as the case maybe, a river is kind of boring until such time as you find a railroad bridge that ends in the river, like the one in the picture below. 

Of course abandoned docks are also fun, like the one in this picture.
The inlet to the marina was a challenge as the buoys were small and the channel narrow and twisty, but other than that it was fine.  Carol and Rich got me tied and then MY WAY came in.  Just as MY WAY tied up to the fuel dock and Francine took Skipper for a walk, the sky opened up and the rain poured down.  Since Carol has to be outside when I come into a marina, I got her to the marina before it rained and now she owes me.
I will be here tomorrow and the next day I will leave for Clifton, TN.

No comments:

Post a Comment