Tuesday, October 18, 2011

DON’T GO WHERE BIRDS STAND

October 16, 2011  Dateline: Counce, TN USA
After two nights at Pebble Isle Marina in New Johnsville, TN I began to move again.  On October 15th I traveled 62 miles to Clifton Marina in Clifton, TN.  The trip down the river was uneventful but there were some interesting sights along the way.  For example, I would not like to go where these birds were standing on the river bed.


The Clifton Marina is a small marina and there were seven Loopers in the marina with me.  The entry channel was narrow and lined with rocks on both sides.  The picture below shows what the channel looked like when I left the marina on the 16th.  Looking out the channel you can see the fog rising off of the Tennessee River.


I met a sail boat called CUBA LIBRE I thought that the name derived from the desire to free Cuba from Communist rule.  Its owner’s son told me that it was named after a drink.  Oh well so much for that idea.  Carol tried to get the owner’s son’s computer onto the internet but to no avail.  CUBA LIBRE was a two masted sail boat made of Ferro cement.
While at the Pebble Isle Marina, Carol noted this blot floating next to me.  I don’t know what it was but it was not pleasant looking and it looked like it go hit with a propeller on one half of it.














The colors of the trees are beginning to come out as can be seen in this picture taken at the Pebble Isle Marina.

No comments:

Post a Comment