Wednesday, December 14, 2011

ANOTHER BORING DAY

December 14, 2011  Dateline:  Englewood, FL USA
I left Sarasota this morning with ERICA LIN at about 9:45 AM this morning, before leaving Rich got this picture of a bird standing on ERICA LIN’s water line.  He was successful in bending over and capturing some fish in the water.  Finally, he reached too far and started to fall; he spread his wings and caught himself.

The trip today was about 27 miles through narrow sections of the Gulf Intercoastal Waterway.  It was a boring day in spite of the tension created by the required opening of three bridges.  One of the bridge’s openings was narrow and on an angle, Thank God for that bow thruster.
I pulled into the Royal Palm Marina at about 2 PM.  The entrance was anything but Royal.  My depth gauge was reading 4.3 feet and I need 5; at that level I was dredging the marina entrance.  Tomorrow I have to go out the way I came in; Rich said he will try to get me out on the highest possible tide.
The marina has a restaurant and live music, except for the low water in the entrance it is really nice.
Tomorrow I am off to Brunt Store Marina on Charlotte Harbor, a trip of about 35 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment