Friday, December 9, 2011

IT IS GOOD NOT TO BE ONE OF THE BIGGEST BOATS

December 09, 2011  Dateline: St, Petersburg, FL USA
The weather finally broke yesterday afternoon so this morning I was up early and moved to the fuel dock, to get my tanks full of diesel.  I then got on my way to St. Petersburg, FL.
I had mentioned about some pelicans that were sitting next to small fishing boats waiting for some chum to be thrown into the water, well this heron stood on the dock in Clearwater next to a fisherman waiting for some shrimp bait or a fish to be caught.  Rich was able to walk up to him to capture this picture.
Rather than travel along the Intracoastal Waterway, Rich told me to go out into the ocean where I could travel much faster.  The wind had died down and the water was flat.
Carol yelled at Rich that there was a small boat coming up behind me with blue lights flashing.  Rich slowed me down and a 30 foot center console boat pulled up next to me.  They had impressive guns and bullet proof vests on, these guys were serious.  Carol thought they were Coast Guard and told them we had been boarded within the last week and had a gold get out of jail free card.  They didn’t seem to care.  They were from U.S. Customs and Border Protection so the Coast Guard didn’t matter much to them.  After a few questions the man at the helm nodded to the one asking the questions, they told us to go and away they went.  Their 30 foot center console had 4-225 hp. outboard engines hung on the stern.  I can only imagine how fast that boat can go when those engines are running flat out.
Several of the boats in the Vinoy Marina, where we stayed in St. Petersburg, are bigger than me.  That makes me happy because if they are larger than me that means that the water is deep and that makes me feel really good.
There was another kind of lady that Rich saw today.  He was wondering about the operation that she went through, but continuous questions produced no response.



I have heard that human men lose their heads over women.  Here is a photo that shows just that.  The man is above the woman, he has lost his head, and therefore he lost his head over a woman.  Perhaps the alligator lady, pictured above, bite his head off.


St. Petersburg is full of holiday spirit.  The downtown waterfront area is fully decorated for the Christmas season and many families are bringing their children to have pictures taken with Santa. There’s even a small ice skating rink for the children.
Tomorrow, I am off to see the owners of KA-DEE-ANNA who live on Anna Marie Island about 20 miles from St. Petersburg.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment