Thursday, December 8, 2011

GOOD FRIENDS AND DOLPHINS

December 7, 2011  Dateline: Clearwater, FL USA
As predicted the weather turned worse.  I am glad Rich and Carol left Carrabelle when they did, otherwise I would have been stuck in Carrabelle for almost a week.
The wind was gusting at about 30 knots last night and I was being bounced around like a rubber ball with some lines attached to it.  The temperature dropped to 47 degrees.  I keep having to tell myself that I am in Florida.
Rich and Carol’s good friends Ross and Nancy Hiner of ODDYSEA contacted Rich and Carol and decided to get together for dinner.  As John and Mary of PASSPORT were also in the marina, the six of them went out. Before dinner, Ross and Nancy brought champagne with them to celebrate the Gulf crossing of me and PASSPORT.  That was really nice of them.
During August, PASSPORT, ODDYSEA and I along with two other boats were stuck in Frankford, MI for five days waiting for the wind to die down.    One of the neat things about doing the Loop is that boats go their separate ways but sooner or later they seem to meet up again.  Here is a picture of the dinner at Crabby Bills.

The beach at Clearwater is lined with poles to mark beach entrance points.  Each pole has a turtle on top of it like this one.



I had mentioned that Carol had been unsuccessful at getting pictures of dolphins.  One of Rich’s good friends sent a picture that he has of dolphins, so since Carol has not gotten any I thought I would include this one.



I will be traveling to St. Petersburg tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment