Tuesday, December 6, 2011

CARRABELLE

December 5, 2011  Dateline: Carrabelle, FL USA
At the magical time of 8:30 AM, I left Apalachicola on my way to Carrabelle, FL.  The route was only about 31 miles and was in narrow channels all the way so I only did about 10 miles per hour.  I followed this shrimp boat out of Apalachicola; he was good to follow because he knew the route we had to follow.


Many pictures of fishing boats show birds following behind.  The boats churn up fish that the birds get to eat.  These birds were following me hoping that my propellers would churn up fish as well.



I traveled passed one spot where there were a large number of small boats gathering oysters.  Carol got this picture of two men as we passed.  The man standing was using a set of forks to gather the oysters from the bottom; the man setting down was sorting the oysters.

Carrabelle is a small town but it never-the-less must have a police station.  The town claims to have the smallest police station Rich got this picture of it.  I sure hope that I don’t get arrested as I doubt I would be able to fit into the station house.


My hitchhiker, Josh, got word today that his grandfather was very ill and rather than go on to Tampa with a boat called LOVE SHACK, he had to leave me in Carrabelle and fly immediately to North Carolina.
I don’t know what I am doing tomorrow, Rich and Carol want to stay in place but if the weather is “good” I will be on my way to Clearwater.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment