Saturday, December 3, 2011

I HAVE A HITCHKICKER

December 3, 2011  Dateline: Panama City, FL USA
I did not do a post yesterday because other than some radar antennas there was nothing to take pictures of, as the entire 45 mile trip consisted of sand and condos.  Last night, I stayed at Baytowne Marina at Sandestin, Florida.  Here is a picture of the channel going into the marina.  The Sandestin complex is huge.  There is a cute shopping area, many restaurants, 4 golf courses and multi-story concrete and steel buildings on both the Gulf of Mexico and the Intercoastal Waterway.  There is a boardwalk around the shore and there are several tree houses located next to the walk.
The trip through the Intracoastal Waterway today was largely through a man-made canal.  There is no development along this section of the Waterway.  I did see this one house along the way and I don’t believe that it will ever be part of a condo development.


I saw several dolphins but Carol could not get any pictures.  She is beginning to get frustrated.
While I was in Fairhope, AL, I posted a picture of a kayak that came into the marina.  Later, Rich saw an email from its owner that he needed a ride across the Gulf of Mexico. Rich responded and said I could help.  Someone else had better timing so the kayaker said he would go with them.  Yesterday, Rich got an email from the kayaker asking if I was near Panama City and if so, could he get a ride to Carrabelle?  After several emails Rich and Josh agreed to meet in Panama City this afternoon and I would carry him to Carrabelle where he will meet the other couple to cross the Gulf.
Tonight when Carol looked outside she saw a sailboat that was all decked out for Christmas.  She looked at Rich and asked why Salt ‘n Sand is not decorated.  Rich replied “so Tom Swider could win the best decorated boat at Canyon Club this year”.
The sunset tonight was really pretty here is a picture.







Tomorrow I am off to Apalachicola with Josh.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you guys have a great trip. We actually have a new Key West flag to replace that ragedy tagedy one in your sunset photo. s/v Gemini Dreams

    http://svgeminidreams.blogspot.com/

    Capt. Pirata and the Fisher King

    ReplyDelete