Tuesday, August 9, 2011

MY LAST DAY IN CANADA


August 8, 2011  Dateline: Meldrum Bay, Ontario Canada

Plain Jane and I left Gore Bay this morning for Meldrum Bay.  Early in the morning the wind was blowing and the waves were lapping on my bow.  By the time that I was ready to leave the wind died down and the Lake Huron was almost flat.  The two of us traveled together for a couple of hours then Plain Jane decided to take a different route than me.  That was fine for me as Rich could tell me to go faster.

Meldrum Bay is a tired marina in a town that costs of one very good restaurant and a country store.  The road past the country store is a dead end.  The bay is very pretty like the rest of the North Channel.



Tomorrow morning Plain Jane is planning to leave at 6 AM to beat the weather that is coming in and she will be heading for Drummond Island.  Rock Chalk and I will be leaving later because can travel faster.  Once I travel the 35 miles to Drummond Island I will be back in the United States.  I have spent approximately 30 days in Canada.  I will be good to be back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment