Wednesday, August 24, 2011

WIND, WIND AND MORE WIND

August 23, 2011  Dateline : Frankfort, MI USA
Today I did not travel and throughout the day the wind bounced me around like a rubber duck in my slip at the Jacobson Marina.  Rich tied me with more lines than he uses in the winter at Cape May and I still bounced around.  The wind speed has been in excess of 30 miles an hour.
The lake was really rough and the waves were very high. Here are some pictures of the waves breaking over the sea wall.  In some cases you could watch the waves come over the wall as they moved along the wall.
Rich did some maintenance on me and Carol got caught up on house cleaning. Then they walked into town and went to the grocery store and the Port City Smokehouse. The smokehouse sold all sorts of fish as well as smoked fish pate. They sampled White fish, Salmon, and Trout pate. They said it was very good.
 In the late afternoon (5  PM) the owners of Great Escape, BlueSkies and Oddysea  got together on me and they all had happy hour. At 7 they went to Dinghy’s for dinner. Rich and Carol told me they all had a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment