Saturday, August 6, 2011

RANDON MUSINGS

August 6, 2011  Dateline: Little Current, Ontario Canada
I did not travel today so I decided that I would post some pictures that were taken but were not previously posted.  Remember double clicking on a picture will enlarge them,
When Rich worked for D. George Harris & Associates he met with many banks to obtain financing for the group’s operations.  He missed this one that was in Bobcaygeon, Ontario.



At Bobcaygeon before going into the lock I had to go through this bridge, the lock tender also operates the bridge.  Bet you didn’t think I could get under it.



While this railroad bridge is open at Fenelon Falls it is narrow and I had to twist to get through it.  The Trent Severn Waterway is full of narrow places.





I had told you all that the water level was low in the Trent Severn, look at the mud in my wake that I stirred up when I went through the “Hole in the Wall”.






The Big Chute marine railway operates with cables that raise and lower the cradle on each side of the hill it goes over.  This photo shows the cables that keep the railway car from going uncontrollably down the hill.



Carol allowed Rich to take this picture.  I bet she beats him up when she sees this----she will leave me alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment