Thursday, July 21, 2011

EMERGENCY ROOM VISIT

July 21, 2011  Dateline Bobcaygeon, Ontario Canada
Another day at the doctor’s office. Somewhere along the way my port side propeller hit something.  While I was going slow it did not bother me but as Rich tried to pick up speed I told him about it by putting vibrations throughout the boat. I was taken this morning for an emergency visit to Buckhorn Yacht Marina.  The man who runs this outstanding facility is a friend of Garry and Pat of Watermark.  Two young doctors dove under and found that my port propeller met up with a rock.  As you can see from the picture the rock won.  The damaged propeller was removed and my spare one put in its place.  The operation took about an hour.  The doctors kept the propeller and will send it to me after they make their reparations.  This shop repairs propellers for boats throughout the Trent Severn, Georgian Bay and North Channel region and can deliver them to wherever I happen to be.
Rich took this picture of a 50 foot house boat as I went the 18 miles to Bobcaygeon from Buckhorn.  The ride was scary as I had to go through several shallow spots.  I don’t like shallow, as the bottom here is rock and I don’t want to hit another one of those things.


When I arrived at Bobcaygeon, I had to pull into a place that was about 60 feet long between Crawdad and Grianan. The wind was blowing me away from the dock but Rich used my wireless controller and I slipped into the space very nicely.  Carol came through and threw the lines to the willing people on the dock.

No comments:

Post a Comment