Saturday, July 9, 2011

A WOMAN'S WORK IS NEVER DONE

July 09, 2011  Dateline:  Kingston, Ontario Canada

I left Oswego, NY at about 8:30 this morning, went through the last lock on the Oswego Canal and out onto Lake Ontario.  For about the first hour it was like a roller coaster, and then the lake flattened out for a really smooth ride.
As I was taking Rich and Carol for a long open water ride, Carol had to pull in all of the lines and fenders---what a mess she had.  See the woman’s work below.


Carol took this picture of the Oswego Lighthouse as we pulled out for the open water. 

When I got to Kingston Ontario they did not have a slip for me so Rich put me in a “day slip”.  I stuck out just a little bit as the slip was meant for a boat less than 30 feet.  I sucked up a lot of weeds in my generator strainer, such that I filled the strainer and the hose from the through hull to the strainer.  Rich had to pull the strainer and hose apart to get the all of the weeds out. 
Rich and Carol’s friends Pierre and Suzanne came over from their marina in Ivy Lea, Ontario to visit us for a while.  Pierre turned on his charm and got me a real slip with real electricity for the night.  The marina is run by the City of Kingston and they have their rules and that is that.  Carol messed up and didn’t make timely reservation so there was originally no slip for me.  Thanks Pierre!!!



Rich saw this Porsche with a bike rake on the back of it.  Notice the name.
  The owner had a hot dog stand nearby.  I guess there is real money in selling weiners.


No comments:

Post a Comment