Thursday, July 28, 2011

I AM IN DEEP WATER, AGAIN

July 28, 2011  Dateline Midland, Ontario Canada
Rich drove me into the travel lift today and I got picked up.  The travel lift at Bay Port Marina is just like the one at Canyon Club, except that it can be operated wirelessly.  Yesterday, one of the Big Chute operators commented that the reason I was operating on one prop was because the other prop was tied up with a yellow strap. He offered to cut it, but Jerry and Rich said “NO”.  This is what the operator saw.
Bay Port Marina is a wonderful place.  I no longer tower over the other boats; there are all kinds of Sea Rays here including 60 footers.  It is just great to be among big boats again.  Big boats tell me that when I’m repaired, I will be going into deep water again.  With my nearly 5 feet of draft I really like deep water.
Ken MacDonald, General Manager of Bay Port Marina, outlined to Rich and Carol as well as other Loopers the course to be followed through the Georgian Bay.  Rich told me about it and said that he would start mapping the routes on his laptop so they can then be loaded into my chartplotters.
Carol and Rich went on a tour of Midland, Ontario today.  The city has 34 murals hand-painted on various structures. They appear on store fronts as well as side walls.  Here are somjust a few of the murals that they saw:


On the grain elevator it is 80X250 feet
 















Note light bulb in light house window















James Playfair who built ships in Midland














Midland railway Station















The people in the doorway are painted too!



Rich thought that this photo of a Canadian Goose statute was an appropriate one.  Notice the sea gull on the goose’s head.  Rich wondered what the sea gull was about to do.






There is a very good lakefood restaurant in Sans Souci, Ontario  on Frying Pan Island called "Henry's" that many Loopers go to. Rich and Carol went to their location in Midland, Ontario tonight.  Rich had the deep fried battered pickerel which was very good and Carol had baked salmon.  The lakefood was excellent and fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment