Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A REST DAY

July 13, 2011  Dateline Trenton, Ontario Canada

Today was a rest day for me.  When I woke up this morning, the dockmaster, his wife and Carol pulled me off the wall and around a corner so I could get pumped out (my holding tank emptied) and take on my favorite food, diesel.  Rich got to stand at my controls with the engines running so it something went wrong he could fix it.  Once, I was fueled up was going to get pulled again to another location.  Suddenly the sky opened up and the wind blew.  They all ran for cover, there I sat getting rained on and blown around.

There is a bridge that crosses the Trent River announcing the start of the Trent Severn Canal.  The lighted sign on the bridge glows in the dark of night.  Tomorrow I start the Canal there will be six of the 45 locks completed by the end of the day.


Here is another picture of me at the marina.




After I was pulled out of the dock wall today a large boat named Coconuts was moved into the spot.  Coconuts has a beautiful wooden transom and dark blue hull.  After she was tied up and against the wall, one of her owners hit a control and she sprung into reverse.  The good news was she did not hit the wall behind her but her dock line did chip her blue hull and dented the wood transom. One one was hurt and money will fix her.

No comments:

Post a Comment