Friday, July 29, 2011

I GOT A BIG HOLE IN MY BOTTOM

Because I am sitting on the hard, I asked Rich to write my blog today.  I have a 2.5 inch hole in my bottom where my port side propeller shaft was pulled out.  Scott at Bay Port Marina told Rich that my propellers had come back from the propeller repair shop and the new shaft had been made.  Scott told Rich that I could be back in the water by tomorrow, we will see.
Carol and I, Rich, worked on developing routes to take Salt ‘n Sand through the Georgian Bay today.   They wanted to be careful to make sure that there would not be any shallow water.  They do not want me to hit bottom again.
Carol and I went for a drive to the town of Penetanguishene, better known as Penetang.  The town is located close to Midland; it is French and Catholic while Midland is English and Protestant.   This is a picture of the church that sits up on a hill overlooking the harbor.


Penetang also had a mural, which is really nice.








Carol and I drove around Midland so that we could get pictures of each of the 34 murals that are there.  We believe we were able to get pictures of 32 of them.  Here are a few more of them.







No comments:

Post a Comment